A batch in monitor has errored out with the following error:
System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string. Parameter name: startIndex ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string. Parameter name: startIndex
This issue is encountered when a document within that batch does not contain a file extension. Due to not having a file extension, KnowledgeLake does not have a way to continue processing the file and will throw it into error until this is resolved.
- From the KnowledgeLake Landing Page, go to Monitor
- Click Error Batches on the left-hand navigation bar
- Find the batch in the batch grid, and click the batch link or highlight the batch and click View Batch to open the batch viewer for that batch
- Click Document 1, and look for OriginalFileExtension in the General Properties in the center of the page. If present, continue to each document until you find one without this metadata present.
- From the Monitor with the errored batch and document open, click Lock for Edit
- Click Delete Document to remove the document from the batch
NOTE: Ensure if this file needs to be uploaded, that you find where it came from, correct the issue, and reupload the document.
- Click Resubmit Batch to start the step over again without the errored document
The batch should proceed through processing normally.