When loading the index panel in Scan, Upload, or Index, choice columns are displaying the wrong default value if one has not been set in a behavior.
This is due to the choice column list displaying the first value alphabetically in your choice list. A value has not actually been selected, this is just displayed in the UI this way and can be handled better using the steps below.
If Allow none is set to True, then the (none) will display in the field for the Choice column and that is a blank value that will be blank in SharePoint if it is not changed.
Change the style of a Choice column:
- Click on the Connections tile from the main CSPro:7210 page.
- Click on Destinations.
- Click on the Destination that contains the content type with the choice column.
- Click on the Content type that contains the choice column.
- Click on the caret next to the choice column to expand the menu.
- Select the Style tab, and click the plus sign next to the Edit Your Field Style.
- Configure your field style:
- Allow Fill-Ins - If set to True, this will show a blank field instead of (none)
- Allow (None) As Option - If set to True, the choice column will show (none) instead of defaulting to a value.
- If the field should not go to SharePoint without a value, select the Required option for the Choice column.
The following screenshot shows the preview panel for Allow (None) As option set to True, and the field is set to required so it can't be released/saved from Index until a user selects a drop-down value.
Please sign in to leave a comment.