From your search results, you can press the View button to load the KnowledgeLake Document Viewer. This will open up various viewing and editing options for your document.
There are 3 areas you should know to use the Document Viewer:
- Ribbon Bar - Contains all actions that can be done in the Document Viewer.
- Viewer Pane - Shows an image of the selected page.
- Properties Panel - Shows metadata for the current document.
The Ribbon Bar is broken into 3 tabs: Home, View, and Annotate.
The Home tab contains the most common options used on a document.
- Rotate - Rotates the view of the currently displayed page.
- Search Document - Allows a text search in Searchable PDFs and Office Documents.
- Edit Document - Navigates to the Document Editor for adding, removing, and editing individual pages. For more information, reference Editing Documents in the Viewer.
For more information, see: Editing Documents in the Viewer.
- Edit Metadata - Changes the Properties Panel to edit mode instead of view mode to allow alteration of metadata.
- Copy Link - Copies a link to the document to your clipboard.
- View Audit (Azure Only) - Shows the history of the document in the Azure Content Repository.
- Download Document - Downloads a local copy of the current document.
- Print Document - Sends your document to your configured Printer.
- Delete - Sends the current document to the recycle bin for Azure and configured deletion location for SharePoint and SharePoint Online.
The View tab will allow you to alter zoom levels in your Viewer Pane as well as make the properties panel visible or hidden.
- Switch Views - Switches between single and multi-page view.
- View/Hide Properties - Toggles the properties panel between visible and hidden.
- Zoom - Zooms a document in or out or fits it horizontally and vertically in your viewer.
The Annotate tab will allow you to add annotations to your document to be viewed by others. These include:
- Drawing Tools - Draws the applicable shapes on your document using the Viewer Pane. Once drawn, you will be provided with a popout of additional settings for each shape.
- Text Tools - Puts custom or pre-defined text on your document.
- Image Tools - Stamps a pre-defined Image on your document.
- Hide/Show Annotations - Toggles showing the document with and without annotations visible.
- Save Annotations - Saves the currently applied Annotations.
The Viewer Pane will display the currently selected page, or multiple pages depending on your Switch Views preference.
- The image in this panel will be affected by items in the View tab.
- The Viewer Pane will be where you draw Annotations.
Additional settings exist in the viewer pane bar at the bottom of the page.
- Page Controls - Allows cycling through your document pages as well as quick navigation to the first or last page.
- Zoom Controls - Zooms a document in or out or fits it horizontally and vertically in your viewer.
The properties panel will display your document metadata as well as allow you to Edit your document metadata.