KnowledgeLake allows users to upload office documents, emails, and attachments from directly within Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Uploading using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents can be uploaded using the KnowledgeLake Office Add-ins in both the installed and web versions.
- From within Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, click Upload in the KnowledgeLake section of the Home tab in your ribbon bar.
NOTE: The document must be saved before proceeding.
- Enter any metadata that is required in the Index Panel.
- Click the Upload ()button in the Index Panel to upload the document to KnowledgeLake.
Uploading using Outlook
The Office Add-ins allow users to upload emails and their attachments from the installed version of Outlook as well as Outlook Online.
- From within Outlook click Upload in the KnowledgeLake section of the Home tab in your ribbon bar.
- Select whether to upload Message and Attachments, the Message Body, or any Individual Attachments listed.
- Click Next.
- Enter any metadata that is required in the Index Panel for any documents selected and click Next Page until you reach the last document.
- Click the Upload ()button in the Index Panel to upload the documents to KnowledgeLake.