Once you have your documents ready in Upload, Scan, and Import, you may need to assign metadata to them in order to retrieve them at a later date.
In most user apps, you will be presented with something looking like this:
This is the index panel. It should be filled out to tag your document with the following types of metadata.
Each field can also have certain indexing behaviors attached to them such as:
The combination of field types and behaviors should assist you in indexing documents with the correct data in place.
Indexing is as easy as knowing your hotkeys and selecting your data. Indexing consists of a few steps.
- Choose your Content Type.
- In your first field, type or select the desired value.
- If the value should carry over to each document, hit CTRL+L to lock the value across documents.
- Hit Tab to move to the next field. Any behaviors will fire.
- Repeat for each field until you are done.
- Hit Enter to validate your data and move on to the next document in the batch. If you are on the last document, Enter will complete the batch and allow you to upload or index another.
Required and Disabled Fields
- If a field requires a value, it will be surrounded by a red box. These fields must have valid values before you can complete a document.
- A field can be shown as disabled, which will allow you to see an entered value, but not manually edit the value in the field.
Some fields can be configured to retrieve data from a data source and fill out other fields automatically.
Filters can use one field to narrow down the options of another field to only relevant values.
Content Type Picker
Every index panel as the ability to choose what fields are shown by allowing you to choose your content type.
Text fields accept letters, numbers, and supported special characters.
Multi-line Text fields accept letters, numbers, and supported special characters as well as line breaks by pressing shift+enter.
Number fields only accept numeric characters and supported decimal places.
Currency fields only accept numbers in the format of the configured currency culture.
Dropdown fields allow you to expand a list of accepted options for metadata.
Yes/No fields allow you to choose an option of yes or of no.
Single Select Radio Button
Radio buttons will present a list of options for which you can choose one.
Checkboxes will present a list of options for which you can choose one or more options.
Date time fields will present you with a date picker where you can type in a date or select one from the date picker.
Tables allow you to enter data in a row and column format for data that requires multiple entries.
- Edit as Table - Allows you to edit the values in a table format.
- Edit as CSV - Opens a text editor to edit the values in a comma-delimited format.
- Preview - Allows you to preview the saved data in your table.
- Add row - Adds a row to your table in Edit as Table mode.
- Add column - Adds a row to your table in Edit as Table mode.
- Enable deletion - Allows the deletion of rows and columns in Edit as Table mode.
Please sign in to leave a comment.