We’re excited to announce the Summer update for KnowledgeLake. This update will be deployed to customers over the next couple of weeks. Please be on the lookout for communication around your update.
SharePoint On-Premise Search
Search for SharePoint On-Premise allows clients to securely search their on-premises content from the KnowledgeLake Cloud. This enhancement will allow you to move your business processes to the cloud without having to migrate your content.
Users may view and annotate a document stored in SharePoint, SharePoint Online, or Azure Content Repository. This will allow users to mark-up a document as part of their business process.
The new Azure Function activity enables KnowledgeLake, our partners, and our clients to solve more business problems than ever. It allows for easy, reusable, extensibility as a part of a process.
Having the ability to execute an Azure Function as part of your process opens the door to endless possibilities. A few examples of business cases that can be solved with an Azure Function are:
- Convert currency amount from Dollar to Euro.
- Add a cover page to each document in a batch.
- Release documents to a home-grown repository.
- Populate metadata with values retrieved from line of business system.
- Start a Flow from a document process if a condition is met.
Other Notable Features
- Cloud RPA – Manage Robotic Process Automation Integrations from the KnowledgeLake Cloud.
- SharePoint and SharePoint Online List Support – A new data source that supports behaviors as well as data inserts.
- SharePoint and SharePoint Online Content Type Permissions API – Allows for the administration of content type permissions through the API.
- Processing and Activities API – Allows for the administration of batches through the API.
- Content Services API - API methods have been added to facilitate extensibility with Content Services. These new methods provide the ability to:
- Add or Modify metadata for an existing document stored in an Azure Content repository.
- Execute a saved search and view the results.
- Send a document to the Recycle Bin.
- Download a Document from an Azure Content Repository.
- Azure AD Nested Group Support – Allows for easier administration of users and groups, and enables administrators the ability to assign more granular permissions.
- Batch Name Hyperlink – Allow users to open a batch for review by simply clicking on the batch name in the Monitor.
For more on this release, please visit our Resolved Issues Announcement.